As our travellers leave their Tokyo home after 6 days, they stopped to ponder the things they learnt…
1. Tokyo’s National Stadium, home of the 2020 Olympic Games, which looks like a slightly bigger Marvel Stadium, can show the world how to build a ‘soul-less’ venue. With no history and all photos, pictures or memorabilia hidden from sight, the stadium portrays a place from which not even CSI could lift any footprints.
2. The National Stadium does have a feature that the MCG NEEDS for all Collingwood supporters!
3. If one goes to Tokyo Disneyland with friends, one should dress in matchy-matchy. School uniforms are a chic look, but only on a Sunday.
4. When one wants to ‘picnic’ one needs to bring a postage-sized tarpaulin and then sit in an ordered fashion.
5. It’s a good idea to wear loose-legged pants to the interactive LabPlanets Museum. #dontwanttospoilthesurprises
6. Toilets in Melbourne could learn a thing or two. #justsayin
7. There’s a lot goin’ on underground and it can be exhausting.
8. Not all buskers should busk!
9. Watching Australia get defeated by the home country 7-1 in a World Championship Tournament in a bar in Tokyo only proves baseball ain’t the Aussie Game.
10. Trust us, we’re Japanese.
Those toilets – I’m overwhelmed!