This is a research project which will inquire as to whether two 52 year olds can survive alone for 7 weeks, after 20 odd years of holidaying with kids.
With nothing but a map, a rail pass and their pill boxes (plus, in Ms X’s case, a hairdryer, sensible shoes, nice black pants, facial products, eyemask, et al) they embark together on this social experiment.
- Will the combined luggage total of 40 kilos (30 kilos when receiving the hospitality of RyanAir) be adequate for the above listed items?
- Will there be sufficient topics of conversation to last them for the duration of the eurailpass?
- Will Mr X be able to walk past Lords without applying for British residency?
- Will Ms X be able to resist the lure of Harrods and the Parisian boutiques?
- Will the elimination of Norway and Minnesota from the watertight itinerary be too much for Mr X?
- Will Mr X continue to complain about the absence of Norway (and Thermopoli), yet the inclusion of Denmark (and Santorini), at any opportune moment?
- Will Mr X be chivalrous and allow Ms X to always have the bottom bunk on all the overnight trains (and also willingly carry all listed luggage up narrow stairways)?
- Will the ‘Romantik Hotel‘ in Rothenburg (partcularly the LOVE ROOM) live up to ALL expectations?
- Will Ms X be dragging Mr X out of all those War museums in Berlin, Potsdam et al in order to visit OUR Mary in Copenhagen?
- But most importantly, will Mr X’s arthritic buttock amd Ms X’s arthritic knee last the distance?
This project which will provide answers for all 52 year olds who wish to embark on a Trafalgar-free tour whilst maintaining sanity (and movement in their joints!)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Had a chuckle at the Romantik Hotel, pics. 1-13, an apple??? Mr. X, (if Mrs. X hasn’t already cleared the store) a ‘Burberry bangle’ from the High St. Kensington would suit better that’s if your arthritic buttock will let you do the walking, didn’t know about that, amazing what one learns from the internet! >>From an expat.
Oh will be very interested to see if the bags remain at 30kg until Ryan Air.. when was that, day 5 Mrs. X? >>Looking forward to some Seine cruise picks with those ‘sensible shoes’ as well as your Nikes Dad – I mean, Mr. X.
Am waiting in anticipation for feedback on the ‘budget rooms’ and who got the top bunk, though I’m pretty sure Ms X staked her claim on what was closer to the floor.>>Looking forward to next blog, let’s hope Ms X remembers here password this time and doesn’t have to rely on Daughter X.